Deadline Extended to April 9: We have extended the application deadline for our Volunteer Mountaineer program starting on Saturday April 23.
The Volunteer Mountaineer program provides a safe and fun environment for high school students to enjoy time with peers while developing valuable leadership skills in a supportive community environment.
What you will get out of the program:
- Opportunity to complete 40+ hours of community service
- Ability to use the club as a professional reference
- Eligible to request a reference letter from the club
- Opportunity to obtain your NCCP coaching certification
- Coaching shirt
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Checking in players at the front desk
- Distributing uniforms on the first day
- Working with instructors to lead stations
- Working with young players 1:1
- Helping 3x3 as assistant coaches
- Taking videos/photos for social media
- Posting Instagram stories and reels
- Managing our TikToc channel
- Handing out snacks after sessions
- Helping to organize picture day
- Making appearances as the mascot
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Great working with small children
- Compassionate, flexible and good team players
- Responsible, dependable and punctual
- Interested in coaching, sport management, or social media management in the future
What are the requirements?
- Mountaineers must be at least 14 years old or older
- Placements begin early April until the end of June/mid July
- Volunteers are required to commit 3 hours per week
Once you have submitted your application, we will contact you to schedule a group orientation and planning meeting.
Application Deadline: April 9, 2022
Local League Coaches
Since 1890, the Mimico Mountaineers have provided a fun, safe and inclusive local lacrosse program. Local lacrosse is a fantastic way for everyone to get – and stay – involved in our community as players, parents, and coaches alike are guaranteed to make new friends that often last a lifetime.
We currently offer 5 local league programs open to players of all ages and skill levels:
Baby Peanut + Peanut (The Cutest Lacrosse Club™)
Mini Mountaineers (Not Girls Lacrosse. Lacrosse for Girls.)
3-on-3 Mini Game (The Most Fun Lacrosse Club™)
Local League Programs:
Box Lacrosse (U11, U13, U15)
Women's Field Lacrosse (U9 and U11)